Monday, May 27, 2013

Crested Crane from Uganda wall hanging

I had a friend from church who was in the process of adopting a child from Uganda and she was asking for donations for a silent auction to benefit the orphanage.  I knew I had to do a wall hanging and I wanted to incorporate Uganda somehow.  After some research on Uganda for ideas, the flag was drawing me in because it had a "Crested Crane" on it.  I decided to incorporate the national bird into the wall hanging.  This is what she posted on facebook about the entry..."My AMAZINGLY generous and talented friend, Alicia, made this quilt for a silent auction benefit inch our daughters orphanage in Uganda. I'm happy to report that this quilt went home with a 9 year old girl who was adopted from Uganda 2 years ago. Thank you, Alicia!"  
This was not the exact picture I made the template from, but I just wanted to post a picture so you could get an idea...


This is the picture of the table at the auction ready for a bid...



No comments:

Post a Comment